Granola bars are one of the easiest, most delicious, and most convenient foods. They are packed with whole ingredients. They are also handy snacks you can take wherever you go.
Several bars are available in stores, but there are many advantages to producing your own. You have complete control over the sweetness, the flavor combinations, and the components you use to make your bars. The possibilities are endless once you’ve mastered a recipe this adaptable.
Granola bars can be made to be crunchy or chewy; personally, we all like chewy. This recipe does not disappoint. You can combine anything you like example dried nuts, seeds or fruits which also include dried cherries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes.
Ingredients to Make Granola Bars
1 Old-fashioned oats, 1/2 cup
0.5 cups of oat flour
1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
3/4 cup rough-chopped raw almonds
1/3 cup uncooked pumpkin seeds
A half-cup of dried cherries
Unsweetened coconut flakes a half-cup
3 tablespoons of smooth almond butter
30 ml of coconut oil
50 ml of honey
Corn syrup, 2 tablespoons
Vanilla extract, two tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Using parchment paper, line a 9×9-inch baking sheet, allowing an overhang on two of the long sides to act as a sling. Once the bars have cooled, you may take them out of the pan using the overhang.
- The oats, oat flour, salt, and cinnamon should all be thoroughly blended in a large bowl.
- To the bowl containing the oat mixture, add the chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, chopped dried cherries, unsweetened coconut flakes, or 2 12 cups of your preferred mix-ins.
- Using a heat-resistant spatula, mix the almond butter, coconut oil, honey, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, bring to a simmer. Stirring often will ensure that the nut butter doesn’t burn while you continue to cook it for 1 minute. Add vanilla extract after turning the heat off.
- Over the oat mixture, pour the wet ingredients. Combine everything with a rubber spatula until everything is completely covered. Add the granola mixture to the baking pan that has been prepared with parchment.
- Then, using your hands, distribute and press the mixture into the pan evenly on top of a piece of parchment paper. Press the mixture down hard until it is level, flat, and compact using the bottom of a cup. Take off the parchment covering the top.
- Bake the bars for about 25 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Pan should be taken out of the oven and left to cool for about 30 minutes. After that, put the pan in the refrigerator, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes.
- Move the granola to a chopping board using the parchment sling. Cut the dish into 12 bars with a chef’s knife. One cut down the center and 5 cuts across.
How to Store
These granola bars can be kept at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container. If you live in a humid area, keep them in the refrigerator.
To freeze the granola bars, wrap each bar in parchment paper before putting it in a freezer bag with a zip-top closure. Simply leave one at room temperature when you’re ready to eat one, and after about an hour it will have defrosted and become chewy once more. You can also heat them in the oven for 15-30 seconds.